Here is an amazing book about Information science and technology, it contains more than 14000 pages, yes it’s a very big encyclopedia
Influencing every facet of business, society, and life worldwide, with speed beyond imagination, the field of information science and technology has without a doubt brought upon a revolution in the way the human population interacts, does business, and governs. As one takes into account the leaps and bounds experienced in information sharing and communication exchange over the last few decades, a truly admirable phenomenon present itself and clearly shows that the results of this pivotal rising will monumentally impact the way the world thinks, subsists, and evolves.
The Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, 4th Edition is a 10-volume set comprised of over 700 articles. All articles are divided into categories relevant to their topical coverage. There are 86 different category sections, with each volume containing multiple categories. All category sections are arranged alphabetically across the 10 volumes, beginning with “A” categories and ending with “W” categories. Within each category section, the articles are also arranged in alphabetical order. As each new category is introduced, section dividers represent the transition from one category to the next. Also, in the print version of the encyclopedia, letters for the categories represented in each volume are clearly marked on the side binding of the cover.
each volume contains :
• A preface and user’s guide.
• Editor-in-Chief’s biography and acknowledgment.
• Two tables of content are compiled at the beginning of each volume:
“Contents by Volume” and “Contents in Alphabetical Order.”
• Several authoritative, research-based articles contributed by
thousands of researchers and experts from all over the world.
• A comprehensive index supporting the extensive system of cross-references.
each article contains :
• A brief introduction to the topic area describing the general
perspective and objectives of the article.
• A background providing the broad definitions and discussions of the
topic and incorporating the views of others (i.e., a literature review) into
the discussion to support, refute, or demonstrate the author’s position on
• Various perspectives examining the issues, controversies, and
problems as they relate to the theme. Also provided are arguments
supporting the position as well as a comparison and contrast with
regards to what has been and/or is currently being done as it relates to
the article’s specific topic and the overall theme of the encyclopedia.
• A discussion of solutions and recommendations in dealing with the
issues, controversies, or problems presented in the preceding section.
• Charts, graphs, tables, and formulae are included as illustrative
examples whenever appropriate.
• A discussion of future research directions.
• A conclusion to discuss the overall coverage of the article and present
• An extensive list of references so that readers can benefit from the
sources cited within the text.
• An additional readings section consisting of sources that complement
the topical coverage within the article.
• A key terms and definitions section providing 7-10 terms related to
the topic of the article with a clear and concise definition for each term.
Download it here :